Welcome to Nathan Yan's wobsite.
This site is being put together; here's a list of what's here and what's to come:
Up and running
- Photography: Here you'll find an image gallery, which is fully operational and slowly being populated. I'm starting with my portfolio of past professional work (motly Daily Cal assignments, and various event/theater/portrait shoots), and then I'll probably get around to uploading personal photos finally. The gallery runs on Menalto Gallery 2.2.4, which is for the most part driven by PHP, MySQL, along with ImageMagick image libraries.
- Resume: My own custom-built resume display. In applying for various jobs I've found that I've had to keep several resumes for different fields - one resume for engineering, one for photography, etc. The resume page is my own custom-built app, with resume components stored in a MySQL database and tagged under various categories (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Photography, Journalism, and Education, as of now), which are retrieved depending on what relevant areas you want to actually look at. So if I was applying for an EE/CS internship I'd send you here, or if I were applying for some photography job I'd give you this link, or more likely I'd just send you here). It's very customizable and somewhat modular - I just need to design a UI for it and I could probably add it to the list of bargain bin software you find at a KMART selling mid-late 90's office software.
Works in progress
- ShutterSounds Photoblog: A blog I'm starting about all things photography, mostly tackling the science behind photography and a lot of gear-related topics.
- Baseball: This will be the league site for the Monti Bizarro Baseball league, which is the fictional baseball league I manage and simulate. I have a big project to import all the data from Access into MySQL, and then an even bigger task creating a site that will display full-on information on players, season recaps, and of course, statistics. Originally I was going to do all of this with php, which would make this a monstrous summer-long task, but these days I'm thinking more and more about Ruby on Rails. Hopefully I'll get finished with this soon so I can actually start playing (the league's currently in March 2007 - a year and counting behind realtime).
- Writing: I'm in the process of transferring over the Adoxography over. Might be a cinch with FTP publishing.
- Flask, Goldenram: Since the flask/ and flask/goldenram/ directories were deleted from the Westmoor webserver, I'll have to rehost them here. Luckily enough, they are archived over at archive.org and I'll be slowly retrieving them via the Wayback Machine, although I have to manually redo pretty much every page. Hm, maybe I'll do it all in php this time, and store the articles in the MySQL database.